Saturday, May 25, 2013

Is The Glass Half-Empty, Half-Full, or in a Moment It Won't Really Matter?

These last two weeks of May, are filled with observances, rites of passage, for both children and adults. I am play today for a Quincenara ---when a Latina turns 15 . Last week I played for 8th graders and next week kindergartners and pre-Kindergartners. Each with various hopes and dreams and levels of optimism. In America it is Memorial Day and a lot visit the graves of loved ones, particularly Military men and women. Tears and sighs all around. It was a week where a couple I know received good news about cancer treatments,and another couple I know announced they were breaking up. And this is all in a weekend or two. Even ignoring political and foreign affairs, which I tend to do more of, the positive and negatives are boggling. I believe they balance out at the very least with maybe a slight advantage to the good because people keep trying to be kind. Now if only the rest would stop being so mean to everyone and assuming the worst!

No comments: