Monday, April 30, 2012

Today I'm the youngest I'll ever be again, and the Oldest I've ever been.

It may be hard to believe but for a very short period of time you, and everyone who has ever lived, was once the absolute youngest person in the world. It may have only been for the smallest fraction of a second but everyone once was the youngest person in the world.
When a parent dies in front of you when you're a child, the fragility of life sticks in your gut.You become instantly aware how quickly and suddenly your life can end----or the lives of family, or close friends or a beautiful young girl you've just met who is killed by a hit-and-run, or a drive- by shooting.
Psychologists say that child either grows up to be a risk-taker or  so afraid of every step. I who saw my father die when I was seventeen, and  my mother live into her nineties, who saw the closest of friends pass away at various ages,. I have anxieties somedays, a desire to leave some kind of mark other days, and a lot of time don't care at all.
There are those who say there is a tiny infant alive on the earth today who will live to be 500 years  old. To all of you , I hope that person learns how we figured  to get along, and that people loving music played a big part. That is my birthday wish.

No comments: