Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Bienvenida, pretty one!



Mari Etienne, please allow your grand uncle to welcome you to this world. Sorry,it's a little on the shabby side. It's a fixer-upper world, a task you'll probably have a hand in.
How is God? Having just left the spirit world (carrying no small piece of it within you) I know you still can picture God, and perhaps at night God still talks to you. "Be not afraid," is one of God's favorite lines.Your innocent features remind us of God.(Maybe you saw my mother. She was just getting back as you were getting ready to leave.)

You fill us with hope and curiosity. I try imagining all the things you'll see in your lifetime, technology is moving so fast but people are so slow to grasp the important values. I can't help wonder how old you will live to be... some scientists opine that the first person to live to be a thousand is already walking the earth. In that case, I wish you one thousand and one years, as long as you are healthy, happy, and surrounded by loving people, like your parents who produced you out of their love. And---oh yeah---God'll be waiting with a hug.

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see."

~John W. Whitehead~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Thom. I remember you telling us that the closest thing to seeing God is to behold a newborn baby. I think of this often when I'm gazing at Mari in all her sweetness and splendor.
Love to you, we're really looking forward to introducing you two!
rk